Corporate and Commercial Law
The firm has developed a wealth of knowledge in corporate and commercial practice. Our areas of expertise include;
Commercial transactions are at the center of how our clients do business. We offer our services t clients across a broad spectrum of sectors. We advise on joint ventures, corporate structure and governance, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, financing solutions among other complex issues.
Our Advocates have experience delivering practical compliance solutions in the competition field. We have experience reviewing mergers and acquisitions for competition, clearing transactions with the Competition Authority of Kenya, handling anti-trust issues and advisory on anti-competitive practices.
We advise our clients on compliance with consumer protection laws and regulations, drafting of consumer protection compliant customer agreements,
We have the knowledge in company incorporation, transactional advisory and consulting in mergers and acquisitions, competition advisory and representation, aircraft leasing agreements, representation in commercial alternative dispute resolution mechanisms and commercial litigation.
Some of the transactions we have been involved in include;
- Advising on Competition law and regulation in the acquisition of two of Kenya’s biggest radio stations by a major media house and was responsible for competition law advisory and support, drafting of project agreements and contracts, completion of ownership.
- Advising a growing technology service provider on re-organization and obtaining clearance from the regulatory authority.
- Representing clients in the petroleum sector in a competition dispute against a global oil marketing company.
- Negotiation and drafting of complex commercial agreements
- Providing high level legal and regulatory advice on various transaction agreements as well as providing legal expertise on various projects in the development of Konza Techno City.
- Providing business support for both start-ups and established companies including employment laws, agreements and contract management, regulatory compliance.