Nzilani is the founding Partner of Rilani Advocates. She is an advocate of the High Court with over 8 years’ experience.
Nzilani advises on compliance, data protection and privacy, cyber crime and security, innovation, infrastructure, cloud computing, use of artificial intelligence, distributed ledger systems, fintech, intellectual property rights, media law, internet governance, strategic partnerships in the Technology and telecommunications industry among other sector related issues.
Nzilani has experience in cross-functional legal disciplines spanning media law, domain registrations and disputes, competition regulation and disputes, corporate litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
She has advised clients on company incorporation, transactional advisory and consulting in mergers and acquisitions, competition advisory and representation, aircraft leasing agreements, representation in technology and telecommunication litigation, representation in commercial alternative dispute resolution mechanisms and commercial litigation.
Nzilani has been involved in the advisory and representation of major transactions and consultancies for reputable corporations and has acted for among others global telecommunication companies (MNCs), leading mobile service providers, global courier services companies, global rideshare companies, State Corporations, Internet Service Providers, aviation companies and financial institutions.
She has successfully litigated on a range of issues for high-profile clients in different industries before tribunals, courts and regulatory bodies.
Qualification and Professional Membership
- Nzilani holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from Moi University and a Post-Graduate Diploma from Kenya School of Law.
- She also holds a Certificate in Law for Economic Regulation and Competition awarded by the University of Nairobi.
- Nzilani is a member of the East African Law Society and the Law Society of Kenya and currently serves as a Member of the Intellectual Property and Information Communications and Technology Law Committee of the Law Society of Kenya.
- She is also a Commissioner of Oaths, Notary Public and Patent Agent.
- She has a keen interest in the mentorship of young professionals and is a mentor in the Presidential Digital Talent Programme.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org